Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hannah Montana Isn't All That Bad!

As everyone knows, on January 16, 2011, Hannah Montana got cancelled. Some people were cheering and hooting, "Yay!" when it got cancelled, while some people cried tears streaming down their face. What did I do? Well, I didn't cheer nor did I cry. Instead, when I heard Hannah Montana was cancelled, I was surprised. I didn't know it was cancelled--but I did know that it was near the end of the final season. When I watched the last episode, my stomach hurt badly. I couldn't believe it was over. I remember a lot from Hannah Montana.
I remember watching the first episode, and seeing the cast so young.

I remember the movie. It wasn't as good as the show, but it was good.

I also remember the last episode...*cries*

Now, I don't get why people hate Hannah Montana so much! It's one of the greatest shows of the 2000's. It  reminds me of the European kids' shows with soundtracks with happy bubblegum pop songs from the show, and lots of little teenyboppers who are huge fans of it. Hannah Montana is very, VERY innocent!

 Anyway, the characters are satirized, exaggerated versions of real teen personalities--for example, Miley is the regular teenage girl who is secretly a teen singer. Lilly, her goofy friend, makes jokes a lot, can't tackle normal school assignments, and doesn't understand Miley at all. Oliver is Miley and Lilly's girl-obsessed friend who tried to be popular, but fails.

You're probably thinking, "Hey! I already know this!" But look underneath all this. Look at the ads of the cast smiling on the Disney Channel website. Listen closely to the Hannah Montana songs. Then, you'll see how innocent it is. The plot of the show is SUPPOSED to be innocent and targeted towards younger kids. Unfortunately, not eveyone understands that.

No comments:

Post a Comment